Sunday, June 20, 2010

Everybody is Happy!

Today has been a great day for our family! Starting out first thing this morning Chris was surprised by his Fathers day gift- an X-box 360! It came with one condition.....I can turn it off whenever I need to :)

The best part for me was that today is the first day in our marriage that I was able to get someone to eat breakfast in bed! You see, growing up we did breakfast in bed for every birthday, mothers day, and fathers day but I have had a very hard time continuing this tradition. I think something was started, Chris enjoyed it and the kids had fun taking him breakfast, cards, and his gift while he was in bed.



Early in the afternoon we were able to skpe with my wonderful dad while my parents are in London. It was great to see them as well as sweet Sebastian, Clay and Holly.


After a nice morning we went to the pool- that definitely made the kids happy!! We came home and Chris grilled some de-licious ribeye steaks from Omaha steaks that his parents had given him. He also made the famous Mokry parmesan butter to go on top. I sauted some summer squash and made wedge salads. It was all wonderful! The rest of the day was spent outside with the neighbors.

I would say this has been a wonderful Fathers Day!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds AWESOME! Glad you were able to pull off breakfast in bed. That is a sweet tradition to have! Love that y'all were able to spend most of the day outside! (An outdoor pool... What is that?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone looks pretty excited by the breakfast in bed in these photos. Glad you were able to start that tradition and that you all had such a fun time. We enjoyed getting to speak to you on Skype.

    ReplyDelete